All applications are due by March 31, 2023.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics Scholarships
- Dr. Glynn Creamer Mathematics Education Endowed Scholarship: The Dr. Glynn Creamer Mathematics Education Endowed Scholarship is for full-time seniors who are majoring in Mathematics with a concentration in Mathematics Teaching. A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required. Students with a financial need in the first semester of student teaching are preferred.
- Dr. Aughtum Howard Memorial Mathematics Scholarship: The Dr. Aughtum Howard Memorial Mathematics Scholarship is for students who are admitted to EKU in accordance with standard university procedures and admissions criteria and are in pursuit of a degree. Preference will be given to students who are currently enrolled as freshmen, are pursuing a degree in mathematics, are from the EKU service region, and have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0.
- Dr. Amy King Number e2πi Mathematics Scholarship: The Dr. Amy King Number e2πi Mathematics Scholarship is for full-time undergraduate students in the College of Science who have the intention of at least minoring in Mathematics and have completed at least one course in calculus. The student must have completed at least 24 college credit hours and have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA. The student is required to submit a biographical sketch and a written statement setting forth the reason for applying for the scholarship. Three letters of recommendation on his/her behalf are also required with the submission of an application.
- Shirley Smith McAfee Memorial Endowed Scholarship: The Shirley Smith McAfee Memorial Endowed Scholarship is for female sophomore, junior, or senior students who are majoring in Mathematics. A 2.8 GPA is required. Students from Perry and Letcher County, Kentucky, are preferred.
- Robert Nelson Memorial Math Scholarship: The Robert Nelson Memorial Math Scholarship is for senior students who are majoring in Mathematics. It is suggested that the funds be used for academic textbooks.
- Ronald E. Pierce Scholarship: The Ronald E. Pierce Scholarship is for students with a declared major in Statistics. Recipients must be enrolled as full-time students in good academic standing in the undergraduate program; Recipients must have a declared major in Statistics. Preference given to students with a strong academic record and a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The scholarship shall be a non-renewable award of $300.
- Raymond Benjamin and Ruth Levi Whitaker Endowed Scholarship: The Raymond Benjamin and Ruth Levi Whitaker Endowed Scholarship is for full-time junior or senior Mathematics majors with a concentration in Mathematics Teaching. A minimum 3.25 GPA is required. Students who have graduated from a high school in Kentucky (with preference to graduates from Harrison County, Kentucky), and have demonstrated financial need via FAFSA are preferred.